If it seems to good to be true!!!



  Now before you start thinking your too smart to fall for a SCAM, just know that more than 80% of people do at some point in their life.  Maybe your a 20 percenter, but better safe than sorry.

Money is hard to come by as I'm sure you're figuring out at this point in your life.  We work hard for it and every hour spend earning it is an hour of our lives we will never get back.  So before you get tempted by those FB adds or Instagram post, think.... is this thing really worth the hours of my life I spent earning that money?  9 times out of 10 the answer is no, but I know how tempting it can be and it only gets better when they offer you a deal you can refuse.

The truth is nothing is free or even close to free.  If a company offers you an insane discount there are really only a couple reasons why.
1. They suck and are going out of business
2. Their product sucks and they are selling off the excess cheaply.
3. It's a scam to fish data.

One company for example pulls number 3 off beautifully.  Wish.com! You've seen their adds and maybe even visited their site but buyer beware.

As an experiement I visited their site and ordered every product I could find for $1, they have daily $1 deals.  Now I knew I would never recieve those items because they cost more than a dollar to make but I did want to find out what the angle was.  Just two days later my entire order got cancelled, all the products were unavailable, but what was available was my password and man did they use it.  Within hours of that order being cancelled I got alerts from many of my apps/online pages of a password breech.  I spent a few minutes suring up the leak, but I did figure out why those deals were so good.  

Those items would never have been shipped because the business is a phising scam front to gain your password.  Crazy they are still able to advertise right? But guess what they are and none of the big guys will take them down despite the fraud because they get paid big bucks in post revenue.

Start paying more attention to the language in the adds, it always speaks to what's happening; for example, "once in a lifetime deal" or "you won't believe the savings" etc.  Language is important in how you attract to the add, but also use your gut.  No one with great product or intentions sells products buy1get1 online, never, ever, ever.. that is an old technique used in shopping malls but does not apply the malls of the virtual world.

Although I realize the ease of buyingn online, try to buy local where you know what your getting and if you have to buy online buy from a reputable vendor.  Always check reviews, always check their site for a physical addess and phone number and what ever you do, don't fall for the old "maybe it is a good deal" conversation going on in your mind.

Better safe than sorry and better saving than spending.

Cheers


Comments

Popular Posts