How to save BIG money on food shopping!
Simple ways to save big when grocery shopping!
Grocery shopping can seem like a daunting task to many, especially if your shopping for one! Let me share some secrets on how to save big when your shopping and how to cut your cooktime in half.
One of my favorite things to do helps eliminate buying unnecessary items and save you a ton of time. Plan a menu for the week! I know your thinking, plan a menu? But, yes that is exactly right! Planning a basic menu will keep you on track when your grocery shopping. If it's not on the list don't buy it! Menu creation is easy wether your planning for one person or more. You can also do this with a friend and save even more. Keep your menu simple and realistic. Take into account time contraints from work, school or family etc and then plan away.. If you want to do this with a friend even better. Do the shopping together and split the bill. Easy stuff!
One of my other suggestions is cooking all those meals in one day. Normally I do my shopping on Saturday nights when the rest of the world is out having a life, then on Sundays I cook. I like cooking my menu with my best friend, it has become a tradition on Sunday afternoons, we have a couple beers, cook our menus and enjoy quality time together.
Make sure you have really good containers to store the food for the week. Either microwaveable plastic or glass containers work best. Simply cook the food to portion, load it in the containter, label it with date and what it is, and stick it in the freezer. When you come home tired from work, guess what? Dinners ready, that's what! Even better just eat if from the container and your saving wash time, water and sanity.
For lunch items you take with you, same applies. Salads and sandwiches are best served fresh and don't store well so save those for quick grabs. Normally foro breakfast I keep it light, a preboiled egg, some fresh cucumber and a pack of saltine crackers. Delious, low cal and healthy.
I hope this gives you some food for thought! ;)


Comments
Post a Comment